Find your career at Oakcrest Pet Hospital!
Now hiring for:
Are you looking for a workplace that feels like home? A practice that values its employees and emphasizes teamwork? A hospital that strives to provide the best healthcare to its patients? Then consider joining the team at Oakcrest Pet Hospital!
We are a privately-owned small animal practice located in Wichita, KS. Our hospital was established in 1999 by Dr. Johnnie Bruner and expanded in 2018 with a new facility built on the west side of Wichita. The practice consists of three veterinarians and eighteen support staff members, each with their own talents and special interests. Team members were chosen based on their notable skills, welcoming personalities, passion for veterinary medicine, love for the patients, and of course, ability to have fun! We go above and beyond to provide great care for our patients and clients. In turn, it is our goal to provide a positive working environment for all team members. We stress respect, support, communication, and appreciation for all people and value collaboration among colleagues. We want every staff member to know his/her importance and to feel like they are an integral part of the hospital. And lastly, we want our staff to have a fulfilling work-life balance. We don’t have emergency or on-call hours, and we try to maintain a reasonable schedule of appointments so that everyone can enjoy their free time.
Our mission as a hospital is to provide compassionate, high-quality care to our patients while establishing long-lasting, trusting relationships with our clients. This involves taking time to get to know people and their pets and to understand their needs, using gentle, “fear-free” methods and multimodal pain control to keep our patients comfortable, and emphasizing preventative care and comprehensive treatment plans with our clients. In addition, continuing education is very important to us, and we are constantly learning new treatments and making improvements to our practice, whether it be changing our hospital protocols, adding new equipment to the facility, or finding new services to offer. It is our goal to deliver the best care because at the end of the day, we want every patient to leave with a wagging tail and every client to leave our practice saying, “Wow!”.
Our ideal match for new associate would be someone who:
- Is a self-starter that likes diagnosing challenging cases and learning new treatments and procedures.
- Enjoys people and educating them about wellness and preventative care.
- Possesses a positive, energetic attitude and believes in working as a team.
- Displays leadership skills and the ability to mentor other team members.
- Performs a variety of procedures and shows proficiency in soft tissue surgeries and dentistry.
- Holds a Kansas veterinary license in good standing.
- Has at least 1 year of post-doctoral clinical experience.
Our veterinarians enjoy an array of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Three weeks of paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Discounted veterinary care
- Professional liability insurance
- Continuing education allowance
- State license fees
- Local and regional association dues
- Fun office parties
If you think you would be the perfect fit for our hospital, please send your resume to [email protected] or call us at (316) 722-4828.